Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Turtle The Pull String Doll

The Turtle is like a pull string doll, he only has a set few catch phrases that he uses to express himself. I'm not sure where the lack of creativity comes from perhaps it left with his hair.

1. "Barry I'm tired of this" Said just about everyday, you're not that tired.

2. "Realistically" No please talk to me about things in a fanciful way, realty is over rated.

3. Me asking if I can leave an hour early, "You'll have to come in 3 hours early" We work in a an accounting firm, I thought we knew math here. And this is one that switches but it's a common theme.

4. Him commenting on me working at my computer "I wanna see smoke coming out of this machine" A. It's a computer not some sort of industrial equipment and B. If there's smoke bring a fire extinguisher. (this is a repeat from previous blog, but it just goes to show how often this is said)

5. Walking out of the office for the day. "Where do you think you're going?" "Home" "You did that yesterday" "I do that everyday"

6. He likes to suggest that I show up to work at a ridiculously early time or stay late till the wee hours, also that I should just stay over night in the office.

7. "I saw that" If you take something, like a cookie, a box of staples, anything that you would be allowed to take, but he pretends you're not supposed to have it, get it.

8. Compliments of Deb, "Thank you kindly" We do not live in the south and you are not kind.

9. "Time to go home yet" This is asked at all hours of the day, 9am and on, you're the office manager, close up shop, I'll go home.

10. "It's your fault" This can be in reference to anything, if it's raining outside, he runs out of paper or just casually walking past my office, in which case I have no idea what it is.

11."T-Bone Steak and mashed potatoes" His request for lunch fairly regularly, we never go anywhere that you could actually order this.

12. "Get it done" Thankfully this is not done in a Larry the Cable guy fashion, I'd have to knock his teeth out.

No comments:

Post a Comment